If you are ever in doubt about how to care for your piercing do not hesitate to call or email us! We have a body piercer in the studio 7 days/week from 12pm-9pm and they are available to help you free of charge!
Caring for your piercing:
- The only product that should be used on your fresh piercing is a sterile saline solution. A spray saline provides gentle irrigation, flushing bacteria out of your piercing channel. Spray the front and back of your piercer 2-3 times per day. Do not spray onto a Q-tip or cotton ball, only directly onto your piercing.
- Stay hydrated, get enough sleep, eat a nutritious diet avoid stress and consuming an excess of caffeine, alcohol and nicotine. Frequent change of your bed linens and do not allow pets to sleep in your bed.
What to expect:
- Minor bleeding, bruising, swelling and tenderness for up to two weeks
- Crust around the piercing or jewelry, this can be easily removed in the shower with warm water or by using a saline spray. Use of Q-tips and cotton balls are not advised.
- Your piercing will heal from the outside in, although your piercing may look and feel healed the delicate tissue inside is not.
What to avoid:
- Touching your piercing or moving your jewelry
- Putting pressure on your new piercing (when sleeping, using cell phones, wearing a helmet, using ear buds/stethoscopes)
- Harsh products such as Neosporin or Bacitracin, Peroxide or Rubbing Alcohol, Antibacterial Soaps, Betadine/Hibiclens, Tea Tree/Essential Oils, Ear Care Solution
- Oral contact or contact with other’s bodily fluids.
- Swimming in private pools or oceans for four weeks and public pools for the full healing time. A saline spray should be used immediately after going swimming.
We are here to help! If you have questions or concerns please feel free to stop in or give us a call 7 days/week 12pm-10pm.